|harley quinn :: queen of gotham city (imoffmymeds) wrote,|
@ 2018-06-19 23:25:00
name. Harleen Frances Quinzel/ Harley Quinn
nicknames. Harls (by The Joker)
fandom. DC/Suicide Squad
canon point. After the movie
date of birth. July 20th, 1990
villain. Yes. At the least she's unstable.
Please list your characters top three jobs preferences from the jobs page, from either the military/agent or civilian category. You must pick three jobs "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer. These should also be three serious choices and listed in order of preference.
Harley is highly intelligent young woman. Her IQ level is in fact way above average; she is a genius. That is something that not even The Joker and his shock therapy couldn’t take away from the former psychologist. She usually plays the typical dumb blonde or a very innocent person because people aren't as threatened with those characters as they are with a powerful and intelligent woman. But don't let her acting fool you. She’s very capable of showing her knowledge in psychology and her expertise and using it against other people if necessary.
Harley likes to deal with difficult situations with humor. Dark humor, actually. And she finds humor in stuations where no one else would, but that's how she deals with them. She finds the funny aspect of it and laughs about it -- sometimes maniacally. If she weren't to do that, the darkness of some of the situations she has been in would eat her alive and spit her back so she would go down a spin of depression.
One might not think about Harley as someone compassionate. Sadistic, crazy, psychopath... All those, sure. But not compassionate. However, Harleen Frances Quinzel was a very compassionate person and part of her is still with Harley. Sure she might not show it in the most common way, but Harley does care about the ones she loves and would do anything for them without a second thought.
Harley becomes obsessed with things, whether it's curing The Joker or the latest thing she's reading or puppies. She uses these obsessions to help her definie herself, as she is someone who's constantly looking for people's approval (mostly The Joker). She has an identity crisis and and it's her way to deal with it.
Harleen was unstable even before she became Harley. She had an identity crisis she tried to solve with various obsessions, like obsessing over The Joker at work; but those were just masking the real problem. And when Harleen became Harley, she just stopped caring about the problem. She was given wings by The Joker and set free to let her craziness take over her completely.
Just like The Joker, Harley is quiet fearless. She goes straight into battle not caring what might happen to her, and even has fun while doing so. She doesn't think about the consequences or the 'What if's of her actions. She just does it and follows whatever happens next.
- MIND TO PICK
Being an expert in psychology and having a gifted mind has allowed Harley to know exactly what to say or what to do to get under people's skin. And boy she loves it. She loves having a mind to play with and destroy. She finds the mind such an interesting and fragile thing, so easy to break with the right words or actions.
· From a very young age, Harleen knew exactly what she wanted to be when she grew up. A psychologist. There was something so intriguing, so mesmerizing about how people’s minds worked and she wanted to learn everything about it. So she worked very hard in highschool and worked even harder at college. So hard in fact, that her theoretical thesis made a huge success that it led to her transfer into the job as a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, where the craziest of the craziest were. Needless to say Harleen was beyond ecstatic.
· Her joy only grew more and more when she was assigned to the clown himself, The Joker. Harleen took her job very seriously and worked very hard to try and save The Joker from himself. She truly believed she could cure him. And it seemed like with every session, it was working. But in reality, with each session she was falling deeper and deeper in love with him thanks to his manipulation. To the point where she helped him escape Arkham Asylum, but not before getting tortured by him. Harleen took the torture. She could take anything he’d throw at her. She’d would anything for him. She was already madly in love with him and there was no turning back.
· Now that her mental state was even worse thanks to the shock therapy, Harleen followed The Joker and confronted him. The Joker made her swear an oath to him and then she let herself fall into a vat of chemicals. The Joker jumped after her and revived her with a kiss. And it was in that moment that Harley Quinn was born.
· Becoming the King and Queen of Gotham City, The Joker and Harley committed numerous crimes, one of them being the murder of Robin, Batman’s sidekick. She was -- and still is -- very proud of that one. Batman never managed to catch them, until one night where after a car chase through the streets of Gotham, The Joker sent their car off and into the Gotham river. The Joker managed to get out, but Harley didn’t know how to swim and nearly drowned if it weren’t for the bat man himself.
· Her stay at Belle Reve wasn’t the most pleasing one, but when she saw the chance of getting out of there by joining Waller’s Task Force X Team, she took it. During the whole thing, she was in touch with The Joker, who was planning to get her out of there alive. And they almost do it. Unfortunately, The Joker’s chopper was taken down and Harley had to jump off to save her life, believing her “Puddin’” to be dead. It wasn’t until much later, after they defeated Enchantress and were back in Belle Reve, that she learned her man was still alive when he broke in to get her out of there.
She's a Type Seven.
out of character
timezone. GMT +1
arrival date. June 23
played by. margot robbie